Thursday, November 15, 2018

50's dance


So it has only been two years sense the last time I wrote in this but I guess now as as good of a time to start back up.  I don't know why I have not been keeping up with my "journal" but for some reason I have been in a little rut and have had a hard time getting out but I am starting to feel like me again and I hope that I keep getting better.  So Alexis is now 16 years old and time is flying by me.  She is such a delight and I love her.  She still has her moments that I can't tell if she really likes me at all, but I think that is the normal teen age thing.
She had a fun girls choice dance that she went to with Garrett Ward and they had a good time I think. She had me put together the date and do a scavenger hunt that was a photo hunt and then they had to text me the pictures.  They all did such a good job and the pictures were pretty fun.  Then they went bowling and lunch and then home for the hours of getting ready for the dance.  Saige Meek came over and got ready with Alexis and i helped her with there hair and makeup.  They both looked so cute and rocked the 50's look.
 Elizabeth was our helper also and she was so great to help with makeup and get things together for us.  She is 14 now and is such a good girl also.  I have been so lucky to have such a great group of kids and I am so lucky to be their mom.   Lizzy was even invited to help with the dinner and was a little server girl.




















I think it was  a good night for all of the kids and they had a lot of fun.   Alexis was even home at 11:45 which was a big surprise to me cause we said 12.... but I think with a whole day of going and going she was pretty worn out.  She is such a great girl.  So thankful for her example to the rest of the family.  I know that sometimes I catch her saying that she hates being the oldest for that reason and that she feels like she shouldn't be the oldest but I think it is great just the way it is.  She has always been a good leader and when she puts her mind to something she can do anything.  She just needs to work on having a little more faith in herself and believing in herself.  I just wish that all my kids could see themselves thew my eyes and know how truly amazing they are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment